Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bits and Pieces of My Life

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Wednesday and I've got snippets here and there to write about.

I have a new routine. Actually, it's an old routine. But it's so old it feels new.

After getting a little dizzy from trying to track a million and one things, I decided to try something new. I've been carrying about a little notebook (from my Weight Watchers days) to jot down random notes in. It could be what I'm eating. It could be what I'm spending. It could be P's potty information for her records. It could be my weight. It could be her weight. Anything. Out of brain. On to paper.

Then, in the morning, during my morning time, I enter all of the notes into already established tracking spots. It's efficient enough to continue trying. I'm on Day 3.

P has been doing stunning with the potty training. Last night, she told us she had to pee and we got her to the potty in time. That's the first unprompted success story.

On Monday, at school, she fell into the toilet. The seat was up, she was in a rush, and plop, in she went. Apparently, she was distraught. I have trouble not chuckling over this one.

The kitchen counter still has eight things on it that need to find a home somewhere. A SIM card from travelling. A USB adapter from travelling. A set of cords from travelling. Flight information for travelling. And, a cord from a badge holder we bought while travelling. Wait, I see a trend here!

The final three? The stickers P gets for potty training at school. The screws for the trunk in the car. And, two bumpers for the bottoms of our bar stools.

I may throw it all, minus the stickers, into the garbage this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend... it's supposed to be brutally hot. We've got two tasks on the list that might be worth beginning - clearing out part of the basement since we have friends coming in July and clearing off the deck for the same visit.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: