Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mouse's Budget: Weeks 3 and 4

Dear Friends and Family,

On the one hand, I'm spending less. On the other hand, I'm still spending more than the $100/week I budgeted.

week 1: I spent $54 on eBay, but I decided to spend that before putting myself on the budget.

week 2: I spent $50 on seat cushions for the race - they're awesome, and we'll use them often, so no regrets.

week 3: I spent $80 on lunch for friends going away to business school.

week 4: I spent $101 on souvenirs while traveling.

All of which leaves $115 to cover 4 weeks worth of expenses which is why I've still been spending more than the $100/week I budgeted.

Fortunately, a lot of my big spending is behind me. I'll have to dig myself out of my $76 hole, but I'm okay with that. It'll feel really good to be back in the black once I do.

What's left this week? Mr. mouse will take the train out to meet me, at least once, which is $5. Then dinner, which will be around $20. I'll have a picnic in the park with P on Saturday to save on brunch expenses. And, I'm sure we'll spend some money over the weekend which means in all likelihood I'll be starting next week in the red, but that's okay. Part of this is learning and progressing.

And, like I said in the beginning, I'm spending less, which was the whole point of this exercise.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: