Saturday, June 30, 2012

Goal: 52 Things Will Leave the Mouse Pad Update

Dear Friends and Family,

I am going to try and have 52 things meaningfully leave the mouse pad this year. What do I mean by meaningfully? No, it doesn't mean I'm giving away things loaded with meaning. It means it's purposeful decisions to remove something that has found a home in our home. In other words, clearing out old bananas doesn't count, they never found a home. Clearing out old toys counts since they would linger in the basement given no active actions on our parts.

The List (most recent departures listed first):
  1. I don't even know where to begin documenting what was our disaster of a deck. The garden oasis that we enjoyed prior to P had begun to look like an abandoned parking lot. Well, it was never a garden, but we did experiment with tomatoes and zucchini and cantaloupe and peppers. So, I'll count them in random bunches. 4 planters, 1 watering can
  2. 1 hose reel, 2 hoses
  3. P's toddler pool
  4. 2 rusty lounge chairs, 1 stool
  5. 4 solar lights that no longer light
  6. a bucket and a lid
  7. A basket. It's made its way back into the house from the donate pile multiple times so I think it may be useful. But, I put it back into the garage. Let's see if it sticks this time.
  8. Two books - Gone With the Wind and Brave New World. I have them both on the Kindle. I don't think I'd ever read the print versions again. Or, at least, the chances of it are slim enough I don't mind parting with the books.
  9. Mr. Potato Head MLB edition. Yep. One of my girlfriends got it for P because she knows Mr. mouse and I like baseball. We do. One of Mr. mouse's friends just had a baby. His friend likes baseball. We mailed it to him for the new baby.
  10. My sister asked about the Boppy yesterday. I'll add it and its cover to the pile we have for her.
  11. odds and ends: new drawer used for kitchen towels
  12. odds and ends: guest bathroom counter
  13. crock pot
  14. hurricane with almond candle
  15. old bath salts and perfumes
  16. foam roll
  17. three boxes of breast milk storage containers
  18. toy: truck (combo riding and push toy)
  19. toy: dog security blanket
  20. toy: battery-operated toy train
  21. toy: stacking pyramids
  22. toy: hammer and eight nails
  23. cane, from Mr. mouse's 40th birthday
We'll see if I can get to 52 this year. I'm cautiously optimistic.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: