Monday, September 17, 2012

09.17.12: Lovely Fall Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

We've been enjoying the lovely start of fall and the last of what was a really hot summer.

Saturday, we took P for a boat ride since we didn't have time to take the boat to Uruguay when we were in Buenos Aires. And, Sunday, we went to the Arboretum with friends. We had a picnic and let the kids run wild in some tree houses they had set up.

After much reading I've decided I am going to remove all caffeine, dairy and seafood from my diet. According to the nih.gov website I was reading dairy, seafood, and seaweed are the top three sources of iodide.

It's not a cure for hyperthyroidism. But, then again, I don't know if I'm officially hyperthyroid again. I do know when the symptoms surface from time to time, I can make myself feel better by trying to manage diet and stress. I'm not sure if it's all in my head, but as long as it makes me feel better, I can't complain.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: