Thursday, September 27, 2012

What? It's Only Half Day?

Dear Friends and Family,

I thought I had it all figured out. P would stay at her school until next September and then she would transfer to a junior kindergarten somewhere closer to home - a place where she could then attend for elementary school.

But, it turns out that all of the junior kindergarten programs are half day. Really? Because I just assumed it would be full day.

Here's my concern. P's used to going to school for roughly 9 or 10 hours a day now. Transitioning to school from 8 to 3 would be a breeze. Why transition her to a school from 8 to noon and then have her grow her day again to 8 to 3 the next year?

I'm confident she can do it. I think.

I guess at her current school, she sleeps from noon to 3, so it's not like she's getting education during that time. Still. It's different and I need time to adjust.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: