Monday, January 14, 2013

01.14.13: Sad, The Weekend Was a Blur

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Monday and I'm tired. The weekend was a blur of activity and now it's Monday.

We took P Saturday morning for a play date for school. The teacher told us she did great playing with the toys and volunteered to help clean up. She got an orange star that she saved from the morning.

The afternoon involved a long car ride up to P's friend's house to celebrate her fourth birthday. It's odd seeing kids turn four. That'll be P soon. Wow.

Sunday morning we sent our Christmas tree off with a wave and got ready for church. We went for brunch afterwards and hit the department store to restock on makeup. P fell asleep on the way home which makes for a very abbreviated Sunday.

I had work to do last night. And, now it's Monday.

Truth be told, I'm not motivated about this week. Work just feels so underwhelming. Friday was fire drills. Today is a useless exercise in useless reporting of useless details in a witch hunt for dollars that will not lead to me. But, I need to complete the report anyway. Sigh.

On a more exciting front, I wrote three people about my idea in the hopes of lining up my first customers. I also picked a company for payroll and worker's comp insurance. They do payroll roll taxes and sales tax on top of that.

Time for me to write a job description and think about hiring my first employee. That has me jazzed.

This week will be a blur as well. Parent meeting tomorrow. Parent meeting and kid meeting on Thursday. Party this weekend. Friends in town as well so the basement needs to get cleared.

Happy Monday!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: