Monday, January 21, 2013

01.21.13: Partied Out

Dear Friends and Family,

Our winter cabin neighbors got in Friday along with Joey, a close friend we've known forever.

The house was cleaned. The food and drinks were purchased. Decorations were put up. And, we got a chance to enjoy a fun evening with our friends. And, then, two evil colleagues started a drinking game. Before I knew it, it was 2AM, and I'm not 100% sure where the time went. I'm getting too old for this.

P enjoyed herself and was a great hostess, sharing toys and snacks and getting juice boxes for her friends. She was a little sad going to sleep, but enjoyed gorging on the shrimp chips enough to make up for the shortened story time.

Sunday, in a spurt of productivity, the men swapped out the garbage disposal and fixed the hose drain for our dishwasher. We can now use both sinks. Nicely done!

We also took Joey to church where the theme was around using our talents. For me, that's an easy one. I need to work on my idea. That's my road ahead.

Still, it's not all simple. I also need to get through the next month. The road ahead is littered with the final to dos for school applications and with a couple of trips we MAY take if we can figure out the trip logistics.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: