Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reconnected

Dear Friends and Family,

Living without internet for the past week has been both a blessing and a curse. It frees up time that we spend on-line, but it makes things like looking up P's rash impossible to do.

Since we last spoke, we went home to visit my college roommate and celebrate her son's birthday. In the process, I had a chance to catch up with the whole college crowd. It was so good to see them and to talk and relax and enjoy ourselves. We had takeout brought to her house on Saturday and everyone gorged while the kids ran around the living room. Let me take that back, the boys ran around the living room while P played quietly by herself. Sunday, we had brunch and a quick trip to the museum before coming home. It was a perfect weekend trip.

The thyroid update. I'm 3 weeks into my new dosage. Eyes feel good. Hands feel good. Heart feels good. Less sleepy at night which is good. Internals feeling less convoluted which is good. More blood work on Tuesday. Fingers crossed. I'm not sure what for, but still, life feels better with fingers crossed than not.

Work update. I have a new boss. I'll see how much I like him. He's promised me extra people to help in my work and a raise - both good things. But, truth be told, I had a MAJOR blow-up with someone I work with. I'm ready to tell my boss I can't work with that someone any more. I can't. I think he'll be replaced in mid-Feb so this may resolve itself on its own. All that being said, I'm still more jazzed about my idea than I am about work. And, I still have my timeline framed up for leaving sometime between September and December as long as P gets into school this March. We'll have to see how school turns out before making any giant commitments for the fall.

P update. See it's been busy. P had pink eye starting Friday afternoon. She had fever starting Saturday evening. She had rash starting Monday evening. She stayed home with Mr. mouse yesterday. She's staying home with me today. Let's hope we can make it over the hump otherwise we need to reschedule her play date this Friday. Wait, that's tomorrow, isn't it? Lovely. Fingers crossed.

Home update. So much to do. Financial aid forms. Trip planning. Party clean up. I'm frazzled just thinking about it.

It's good to be back on-line.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: