Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another Day, Another Interview to Bomb

Dear Friends and Family,

I didn't have a chance to write about it on Tuesday, but we had a bad interview on Tuesday. We clearly did not have the correct answer for the first question. The interviewer asked it multiple times. We answered multiple times. It was not good.

We built no rapport with the interviewer. The interview ended at least 20 minutes early. It doesn't get worse than that.

I don't know what to say. She wanted to know what differentiates her school. We told her the curriculum since it's an IB program, the teachers since they rotate every three years, the flexibility which we brought out an example from the school tour, the facilities which are all new, the fixed costs since the school does no outside fundraising, and then we ran out of answers. Honestly, to this day, I have not a clue what she wanted to hear.

Well, we have another parent meeting today. And, after that, I'm going to begin researching houses in the suburbs. I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in craziness.

I don't want to rant, but she's a good kid. It's not like I'm trying to move damaged goods at clearance prices, here. I've seen the gnomes and trolls, and P's not one of them.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: