Wednesday, January 09, 2013

52 Things Will Leave the Mouse Pad (Round 2)

Dear Friends and Family,

It's a new year. And, I'm beginning another round of my clutter diet. The goal? I am going to try and have 52 things meaningfully leave the mouse pad this year. It's a purposeful decision to remove something that has found a home in our home. I'm evicting unwanted tenants.

There's different questions different people use to gauge what should stay and what should go. There's do I still love it, does it serve a purpose, when did I last use it, etc. My guiding light question will be knowing what I know today, would I buy this today?

The List (most recent departures listed first):
  1. My colleague at work wants an exercise ball. I have an exercise ball that needs a home. I still love the concept of an exercise ball, even if I haven't used this one ever and I've had it for close to five years now. If at some point in the future I become enamored again with the concept of an exercise ball, I will buy a new one. The going rate is $25. One down. 51 to go.
The tally from 2012?
  1. junk: 15
  2. useful, just not for us: 14
  3. toys: 11
  4. baby gear: 7
  5. odds and ends: 3
  6. books: 2
We'll see if I can get to 52 this year. I'm cautiously optimistic.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: