Friday, August 09, 2013

12, Bonus Day

Dear Friends and Family,

Bonus day!

My boss is on vacation and I have one day vacation left that I know I won't be able to use once I give notice, so I'm taking today off. I slept in. I read my news. I'm writing my blog. Once I drop P off at school, I'll have some time to just relax and get my head on straight.

The only sour note is just as I'm getting ready to leave the work force, there's an article in the NY Times about "the opt out generation" and how they "want back in." Could any article have been more poorly timed? Am I going to regret my move ten years from now? I hope not. Ten years from now I'll be in my fifties. It'll be a little late for regrets at that point. Or, ten years from now, will I think this was the smartest decision ever?

It's funny. You do a bunch of soul searching. You talk to friends. You talk to your spouse. You do more soul searching. You come to a decision. Then, you let some generic article take you back to square one.

Nice, mouse. Nice.

I need to convince myself that I'm on the right path and that I'm doing the right thing. Or, just plow on ahead for the next 12 days regardless of the path and see where it leads me. I'm not going to not quit on Monday. I'm just perplexed now if I'm making the right decision.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: