Tuesday, August 13, 2013

9

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, I gave notice. My boss and I spoke for nearly two hours after I gave notice. I'll miss him.

It feels good to be out in the open. It feels good to be going down a path I am excited about. It feels good to be moving on.

It also feels a little surreal, truth be told.

The funniest thing happened in the afternoon. A friend, Alex, stopped by. He wanted to make sure he caught me before I left. It touched my heart. My friend, Pete, was genuinely happy for me. My girlfriends were a little sad, but happy for me.

It all went better than I thought it would.

And, now, I should begin letting people know. I cleared my desk yesterday. Today, I'll write my 1:1 letters. I'll write my more formal letter the day I leave.

The next two weeks will go quickly.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: