Thursday, August 22, 2013

2?

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Thursday and I still have real work to do. I need to complete a mid-year assessment for one of my associates and I need to complete a presentation that my boss will give on my behalf next week.

Then, I have my going away happy hour this afternoon.

The only thing is I am exhausted. A bad storm woke me up at one, and I didn't really go back to sleep until my alarm clock rang. Sigh.

And, I know I'll have to get closure within the next day or two on whether or not I will stay for part-time work.

Really? Can leaving be any more difficult?

My first job was gracious. My team took me out to lunch, gave me some wonderful presents and wished me well at school. I left on a high note. My second job was typical. My team took me out to lunch and wished me well. I left on a high note. My third job was a little frenetic. My team scheduled lunch. HR decided I needed to be "walked" because my next job was a "competitor." My team still took me out to lunch and wished me well. I left on a high note.

This job? My team took me out to lunch. Everyone is wishing me well. Somehow, they're really making it hard to leave. Truly, why am I not surprised? Why appreciate you when you're there? Let's wait until you quit and then fight you tooth and nail to make you stay. That makes so much sense. Right.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: