Wednesday, December 04, 2013

6am Nurse Visit

Dear Friends and Family,

Fascinating.

In the process of moving benefits from my work to Mr. mouse's work, I must have tripped a wire because my life insurance didn't go through as smoothly as my former life insurance application did. When I applied five years ago, I had to answer a dozen questions on-line and sign a form. This time, I needed to have a mini-physical. A nurse visited me. She took down my height, my weight, my blood pressure, my pulse. She took down my medical history. And, she took a urine sample and blood sample.

It all took about thirty minutes. And, now, I am free to have my tea and go on with my day. While it was inconvenient, not being able to have my tea when I first woke up, it was WAY more convenient than having to schedule a doctor's appointment and have an office visit.

Somehow, I think it's cheaper for the insurance company as well. Yes, the person who came has to be qualified to conduct the visit. And, yes, she spends time traveling vs. going back to back with patients. But, there's no overhead. There's no office that needs to be maintained. There's no additional staff checking people in. There's nothing outside of her bag and her pen. It seems so self-contained.

Fascinating.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: