Monday, January 06, 2014

01.06.14: Happy New Year

Dear Friends and Family,

We're back. It's day 17 of Winter Break for P. She hasn't had 17 consecutive days off from school since she was 12 weeks old, when she started daycare and I went back to work. We have today and tomorrow off before P returns to school and I kick off my new work.

Fortunately or unfortunately, it's too cold to contemplate doing anything outdoors today. Otherwise, I'd be tempted to take P sledding. And, that just seems like a lot to tackle on our day off. We went yesterday. P went down the hill seven times before calling it quits. Her cheeks were pink. She was covered in a layer of snow and ice. Her hands were cold. And, she had little icicles forming on her eyelashes. Today is even colder. So, we'll stay home.

What to do with the day? Not sure. I'll let P sleep in. Then we'll figure it out from there. I'll write more tomorrow. Today, I feel like I need to jump into the shower and get the day started.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: