Monday, February 24, 2014

02.24.14: Weekend of Waiting

Dear Friends and Family,

I had high hopes for this weekend of signing up new clients for my business. But, in the end, it was just a busy weekend with not a lot to show for it.

Saturday, P got invited to three Pump it Up parties. We declined the first because of a conflict, but headed out for parties #2 and #3. I had a great time catching up with the other parents and P had fun jumping so I would say it was a day well spent.

Sunday, we went to church. Then, I caught lunch with a friend while Mr. mouse brought P home. We cleaned up a little bit and then one of P's friends came over for a play date. The mom dropped her off, which is a first for us, and we embarked upon a three hour adventure which culminated in a serious meltdown. I'm not sure if P was tired from yesterday, or if it's two boys in school that have been upsetting her recently, or that she misses her teacher who has been out on medical leave, or if it's something deeper than that. All I know is that P spent the last hour of her play date crying with Mr. mouse in her room.

The other disappointing thing about Sunday was that I embarked upon our taxes. And, while I'm not done, the numbers right now are adding up to a serious amount of money due to the IRS. I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. After my W2, we had a good sized refund coming our way, but then after Mr. mouse's W2, if flip-flopped on us. I can only assume that means he needs to up his withholding. And, that we're probably not taking a big trip for spring break.

And, last but not least, to add salt to an already festering wound, Mr. mouse and I had dinner alone last night since P passed out early on the rug from sheer exhaustion. Honestly, I don't know where we are. Actually, I do know where we are. We're speaking to each other, but only as co-parents.

There's a part of me that remembers what it felt like to fall in love - to hear a voice speaking tender words, to see eyes light up when they see my eyes, to feel warm hands. I miss those things. I wonder how long the current situation will last. And, I wonder, if I ever fall in love again, will it be with Mr. mouse? We made it through one rough patch early on in our relationship. This time, I'm just not sure.

But, in typical mouse fashion, I'm not going to waste the day today mulling on sad things. I'm going to focus on the things I need to get done that are inside my control. I have one hour of work to do for old work. I think I'll spend the rest of my morning and day focused on new work.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Sorry to hear the sadness in your voice. Hopefully it's just temporary. My husband and I went through a rough spot when our kids were little. I hope you guys are able to work through it.