Friday, February 07, 2014

And, Then, I Woke Up

Dear Friends and Family,

There are bad days at work. And, there are BAD days at work. Granted no one dies if I have a bad day at work. But, yesterday, I felt like a little piece of me died.

I've always believed you have an obligation to speak your mind. I've also believed that you have to support the team once the team comes to a decision. It's just chaos otherwise. So, yesterday, I spoke my mind. And, frankly, the team came to a stupid decision. I'm going to support it. But, it's not one I agree with.

And, that's when a light bulb turned on in my head. I love it when light bulbs turn on. Because the light they shed on a truth that's just sitting around waiting to be discovered can be life changing. There's no "not knowing" something once you "know" it.

What do I know now?

I know that I am no longer invested in old work. I don't feel like I have anything to learn. I don't feel like I have much I am willing to give. Yesterday, it went from being a job to being a paycheck. I'm not invested enough to care enough to speak my mind. I think I'll just do.

Thanks. I needed that, desperately. Now, I can focus on my idea.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: