Monday, March 17, 2014

03.17.14: Worry Free Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a lot of mouse family drama this weekend. But, I was still able to describe the weekend as worry-free. Yes, my dad called and my mom called and I called my sister and she called my mother and my brother and the permutations could go on forever, but, still, I'd categorize the weekend as worry-free.

We have less of a scramble getting the house ready for housecleaning. We were able to spend Saturday playing with friends, eating a leisurely lunch, and picking up a package Mr. mouse needed. We were able to spend Sunday at church, and then at lunch, and then split with me at a meeting with friends and Mr. mouse at a museum with P. We were able to spend the evening doing random things we wanted to do - Mr. mouse getting ready for a school presentation and me watching an auto race.

No, our weekend wasn't empty, but there wasn't a list of stuff hanging over our heads. We enjoyed it and it felt worry-free. It didn't have that feeling weekends used to have, oh, you might enjoy yourself now, but there's a piper waiting to be paid on Monday if you don't get some bare minimum of stuff done this weekend feeling.

I have to say, it felt good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: