Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Progress on the List

Dear Friends and Family,

Time to revisit my list from two weeks ago.

Happy
  • a neat kitchen
  • a neat bathroom
  • a new book I am reading
  • staying on top of my to do list
  • spending time with P
  • a functioning thyroid
This list is still good.

Not Happy, Not Under My Control
  • the relationship with Mr. mouse: we made progress yesterday, hopefully we make more this weekend
This list has definitely gotten shorter. I've figured out I hate situations where I am unhappy and can't do anything about it. I need to learn to deal with this better, in general.

Not Happy, Under My Control
  • not having time to work on start up: I need to quit old work for good if I want this to happen
  • working for old work: I need to quit old work for good if I want this to happen
  • not being in a real relationship: this is my choice, I am choosing to wait and see what happens with Mr. mouse
This list has also gotten shorter.

No Longer Unhappy About
  • the cold: we've had some breaks in the weather, that's all I really need, a couple of days to recharge from winter
  • taxes: Mr. mouse finished them, we got a small refund
  • slow start up: we signed up a third client, it's temporary, but it's a morale boost nonetheless
  • when I lose it with P: I have not done this since I had a talk with P
Okay. I guess I continue to plug away at new work. And, I continue to figure out where my relationship with Mr. mouse is. Hopefully, we can put this all behind us at some point because February was a really low point in my life.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: