Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Chipping Away at the Hard Stuff

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, I took care of something that had been sitting on the back burner for a very long time. I fixed the dates on 160 photos from school ranging from 2011 through 2013. I know that sounds like a crazy thing to be proud of. But, it's something that's been sitting on my "laters" list forever.

I knew no one would die if I didn't get to it. But, I knew I would have a tough time incorporating the photos into P's books if they weren't dated correctly. Solution? Delay making P's books until the photos are dated correctly. Voila, three more things on the back burner. Problem solved.

Now that I have those photos dated correctly, I have some motivation to begin work on the books. It's funny how these things build in our minds. Task A needs to be completed before I can begin task B, but task C needs to be completed before I can begin task A, and so on and so forth. It's almost easier to ignore the whole chain of tasks.

But, I have to say, it feels good to make progress against it.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: