Monday, March 03, 2014

03.03.14: Busy Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Monday and I'm in a better spot than last Monday.

P had a math fair on Saturday. And, Mr. mouse and I did not do well with the fair. First, he accused me of doing the project for P. Then, I accused him of the same. We are just not in a good spot.

We spent Saturday afternoon running errands. We returned a dress I didn't need. We dropped off a watch to have the battery replaced. We dropped off rings and key chains to be polished. P and I napped while Mr. mouse went in to the stores.

Saturday night, Mr. mouse and I had an event to attend. We dropped P off with friends who had hired a baby sitter and the four of us headed out for the evening. We rarely go out without P. And, when we do it's almost always for events since we are fine bringing her with us to places where it's just the three of us.

I had a lot of fun just talking with the other adults. It was nice to be out and have the time to be with adults. I have snippets of conversation here and there at drop-off and pick-up and at work, but to have a couple of hours was nice.

Sunday, I met with a close friend who agreed to help me with my marketing plan. We now have a mostly complete Facebook page. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have enough content to be able to share it with our network to grow our client base.

The kitchen is still mostly under control. The bathroom is still neat. I finished the book I was reading. I'm looking forward to reading it again. Yes, I do crazy things like read books multiple times. No, I don't consider that a waste of my time. My to do list is still under control. And, I've been enjoying life with P, as always. And, she seems to be in a happier spot now than she was a week ago.

The cold. Well, it's still cold. And, it's still snowing a lot. And, it's March. The only ray of hope is Friday. It's supposed to be above freezing without snow on Friday. Friday is only five days from today.

Taxes. Mr. mouse was working on our taxes when I woke up. We still need to double check them, but it looks like we may get a small refund. It's a smaller refund than I would like, but I'm not going to quibble. It's much better than owing money. And, if we're getting a refund, I'm okay with a spring break trip. I didn't want to go if we had a large tax bill hanging over our heads, but with a refund, I'm game.

The relationship with Mr. mouse. Well, I'm not sure if we've made a lot of progress on this front. He knows what he has to do. He knows I'm getting impatient. We'll see if we make any progress on this front. If not, I know where this is headed and I think I am okay with that. I'm not happy with it, but I've come to terms with it.

Work. The convoluted thing that is work is still convoluted. I'm glad I made progress on my business this weekend. I'm optimistic that it will lead to good things. At least I now have things to do, and there's nothing like a to do list to keep me happy. Old work is still a disaster. But, I've also resigned myself to continuing to plug away at it while Mr. mouse and I sort through our lives and I work on growing my new business.

P. I'm proud to say I had a conversation with P about my fears and we've worked through them together. She's so precious, I'm afraid of all the people out in the world with less than good intentions. When she wanders or makes a run for it, I panic. She's been better about staying close since we spoke. It's hard being a parent. It's even harder when the world seems to salivate when they see your kid. I'm not sure a lot of parents can relate. I think they think I'm overreacting. I'm not. Really. I'm not.

Well, so, overall, I'm in a better place. I'll continue to work on the house. I'll continue to work on my to do list. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the weather and on spring break. I'll plug away at both of my work obligations. And, I'll hope Mr. mouse recognizes the urgency of getting our relationship back on track.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: