Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Infrastructure

Dear Friends and Family,

Last night, we put in a new cable modem. And, while the cable company promised us all sorts of benefits associated with the new cable modem, I'm not sure we've seen any noticeable differences in our download and upload speeds. I am happy about one thing... Our new cable modem is a 2 in 1 cable modem and router. And, in the process of installing it, we also unplugged most of our devices and plugged them into our UPS. So, there's modest improvements in cord management. And, we have a guest network now that is separate from our main network. So, I guess I'm happy with the new arrangement. I guess we'll have to wait until we upgrade our computers to see any real difference in our internet performance.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: