Friday, January 16, 2015

Spouses

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, I was watching a video from my mom's dance recital. She had been practicing for months and I thought she was beautiful.

Watching her dance, I began to wonder what she wanted from her marriage. I think she wants to feel loved and cherished and appreciated. I feel bad, because those aren't things my dad is especially good at. My dad? I don't know. On the surface, I think he wants a servant, someone to keep his house clean, cook his food, and fetch for him constantly. But, deeper down, I think he's looking for validation and self-worth. I think he's a got a lot of baggage, but no one can give him what he needs. That comes from within. I'm just not sure after all of these years that he'll find it in him.

Then, I realized how different my relationship is with Mr. mouse. I want to be loved and cherished and appreciated. But, just as important to me is to feel like I'm on my life's journey with my best friend. I want companionship. And, I feel like I have all of that and more with Mr. mouse. We enjoy spending time together.

This weekend we are celebrating, marking the weekend twenty years ago when we first spent a lot of time together. We had met briefly before that in random chance encounters, but this weekend is special for us.

Today, I'm feeling especially happy.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: