Thursday, January 01, 2015

2015: A New Year

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Thursday evening, January 1, 2015. The past year did go quickly. And, after a quick trip home to see the grandparents, it's nice to be back home and beginning a new year. We're still on a budget. And, the house is still a mess. And, I still need to get back in shape. But, somehow, I'm still happy today. I know things will get hectic once P's back in school next week. But, for now, I'm blissfully enjoying the low key days at home for winter break.

I have been trying to get the house back in order. Whenever we travel, I realize how happy we can be with what little we packed into our suitcase. Then, I come home with a little motivation to get the house in order. I know this is an odd goal, but I'd love my house to be like a bed and breakfast and Mr. mouse and P and me the guest. It sounds sterile and not home like, but I think I'd enjoy it. I think we'll stop far short of a bed and breakfast, but it's a nice aspirational goal as I continue to try and get the house in order.

Today, I cleared off my nightstand. And, I made some progress in P's play area. The problem is we have so much stuff that does not have a home. And, I'm not sure it needs a home in our house. We have three bottles of foam glue from an art project at P's school. My initial inclination is to throw away the extra glue. We don't have foam at home we need to glue, so we don't need to find a home for foam glue. Mr. mouse will be appalled. He'll think it's a waste. This is where we end up with piles of things with no home. A bed and breakfast would not have three bottles of foam glue on a coffee table. This I know. I will try to continue to be motivated!

Well, I think Mr. mouse fell asleep with P. I'll probably head to bed soon myself.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: