Thursday, December 03, 2015

Thursday Morning

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Thursday morning. I am sitting in the living room. It's cloudy outside so while I have some natural light, more than any other room in the house, I'm definitely supplementing with artificial light. Still, even without a ton of light, with the progress I've made on getting rid of stuff, it's still currently my favorite room in the house.

I think there's a couple of things going on. I've definitely made progress in restoring order to the room. And, hopefully, I'll continue to make progress. But, I think there's more to a room than what you can see.

Some people will think I'm crazy, but I frankly don't care.

Sometimes I feel like a room needs a spiritual cleaning. I've been in bad rooms. They feel heavy and stagnant and dead. I think by spending time in the living room this past week both during the day when I'm home and in the evenings with Mr. mouse after P's asleep, we've also been slowly cleaning the room spiritually. The forlorn, forgotten, empty feeling is leaving the room and it's gotten a different vibe to it. This morning, P joined me on the couch while Mr. mouse got breakfast ready. I think she feels the difference in the room and I think the room appreciates her coming down to add her joy to it too.

I know. Crazy. I don't care.

This morning I deflated a small inflatable corporate tchotchke and sent it back to work with Mr. mouse. It doesn't need a home in our home. That cleared up enough space for me to move two empty shelves off of the floor and into the shelf, which minus any flashed of brilliance is its proper home in our home. I could throw them out, but for now I'd rather give them a home on the shelf. So, little things to continue to restore order to the living room.

I'm purposefully holding myself to one thing a day. I'll continue to spend time in the living room and hopefully it'll continue to become even better.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: