Monday, June 12, 2006

City Mouse Takes on Suburbia

Dear Friends and Family,

This post contains a lot of heaviness. Proceed with caution.

You've been warned. Read at your own risk.


    I HATE DANDELIONS AND OTHER WEEDS THAT NEED TO BE PULLED

    I HATE SHOVELING SNOW

    I HATE MOWING THE LAWN

    I HATE EDGING

    I HATE MULCH

    I HATE SOD THAT NEEDS TO WATERED

    I HATE SHRUBS THAT NEED TO BE WATERED

    I HATE ADJUSTING SPRINKLERS

    I HATE PRUNING

    I HATE RAKING LEAVES


Okay, I think I got most of it. I might have missed one or two. But, I think you get the gist of it. Basically, I have zero passion for anything and everything associated with maintenance and nurturing of what is traditionally thought of as landscaping. I detest it with a passion. I guess, at heart, I am a City Mouse.

Now, here's the rub. Mr. mouse is a Country Mouse. He loves all the #$%@! that's involved in outside work. He finds it therapeutic. That's great for him, but, on the weekdays, it's City Mouse vs. Suburbia. Fortunately, once we sell the mouse house, I won't have to deal with any of this again. The mouse pad is a townhouse and the monthly assessment covers all of the outdoor stuff. And, what isn't covered, Mr. mouse will have to do.

That's just the realization that I've come to. I am who I am, and I am okay with that. Mouse is proud to be a City Mouse. And, that is my small enlightenment for today.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Oh my goodness, do I EVER hear you sister! I knew I "liked" living in the city but now I realize that I LOVE LIVING IN THE CITY! Many of the same reasons apply and I'm happy to pay the association to deal with weeds, snow & exterior window cleaning. Long live the urban dwellers! :)