Monday, June 26, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Dear Friends and Family,

What a wonderful weekend!

We left Friday morning to go to Indianapolis via Chicago. Well, our flight filled up so we didn't make it to Chicago. We hung out at the airport for three hours and caught the non-stop straight to Indianapolis. Phew.

Dinner and graduation were good. My only question is... Did no one teach my father any social skills? ACK! He is so not into the "normal" social routine of conversation. You know, you say something, I say something back, you crack a small joke, I laugh a small laugh. You know? Whatever.

I made it through food-wise, decently. It's tough because it's a celebratory event and so much of celebration is through food. But, I "analyzed" my meal afterwards and found a couple of ways I could have minimized the whoppers and made it through the evening just fine. Lesson learned for next time.

Now, onto the fun part of the weekend. We drove to Chicago and flew from there to Montreal. Fred was on our flight Saturday morning, so Mr. mouse traded seats with him so Fred and I could sit together. It was so good to catch up - talking about life and gaining perspective on what makes sense to do next is so good.

We had a yummy yummy breakfast with Fred and Genevieve. I'm sure I butchered the spelling, but I love her name. It was so easy to eat healthy with them. Then, Mr. mouse and I headed out to the race track for Saturday's races. There's something about Montreal, it's like another continent - you don't feel like you're in Canada. I love it.

The weather was perfect. We slathered on the sunscreen and headed to our seats. I was giddy with happiness. Qualifying was fun as always. Then, once a lot of people left, I took a nice nap in the sun on the bleachers while Mr. mouse watched the next race. I love afternoon naps in the sun. I love the vibe on race weekend. Everyone's in a great mood.

We had a great dinner. Fred and Genevieve have a farmer's market near their place and the produce is so fresh and tasty. We kept the ingredients simple and prepped it all on the grill. It was heaven. Then, to top it all off, we had a blueberry almond tart. Not to sweet. Perfect. We went up to their rooftop deck and Genevieve and I promptly fell asleep while Fred and Mr. mouse were talking. Perfect end to a perfect day.

Not to sound spoiled. But, Sunday was more heaven. Breakfast was yogurt with granola and nuts AND the best cup of coffee I've had in a long time. More sunshine at the race and an uneventful flight home. Sigh. I needed a weekend like this desperately.

And, this morning when I weighed - 1 lb. less mouse than last Monday. I'll take that. I guess my lesson is the body can recover from the once in a while "one day" excesses as long as they're not the day before weigh-in. Friday's dinner, cake and punch are a mere memory. It seems so long ago even if it was only three days ago.

Well, I'm off to work now. Tonight I meet with the real estate agent. Keep your fingers crossed.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: