Monday, April 07, 2008

04.07.08: Social Butterflies

Dear Friends and Family,

It was a busy weekend. And, as a result, Mr. mouse was a little generous with the snooze button this morning. I think if I'm going to get bent out of shape about it, I should just start setting my own alarm clock.

First the bummer news. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday afternoon. Mr. mouse had felt a "lump" in January, so at my doctor's appointment in February, I mentioned it. And, my doctor requested a mammogram and an ultrasound. She figured better safe than sorry. The mammogram showed nothing. But, the ultrasound showed a teeny, tiny something on the outer left side. They don't think it's anything. But, they want me to come back in six months for a second ultrasound, just in case. So far, I'm not worried. I had an annual exam 14 months ago, so it's not like I let it slide. The watchamacallit that they did find is nowhere near the lump Mr. mouse felt. Worrying changes nothing. I can't control it. Therefore, I will not spend any time worrying over it.

Okay. Onto Saturday. We went to the gym. Then, we met up with three of my work friends for lunch at Piece. We all worked together on a project when I first started with new work. And, these guys take the cake. I love them all. Now, pizza and beer, probably not the best Saturday lunch option. But, still, it was good to spend time with them.

Saturday night, we headed over to another friend's house to play mah jong. Now, there's nothing I like more than a good night of mah jong. We need to regularly schedule it going forward. We found if we start at 5pm, we can finish four rounds at a reasonable hour. I know it sounds really weird, but, having a mah jong routine makes it feel like home, like somewhere I'm less willing to move from. I love the game.

Sunday, we got up just in time to head over to the bar to watch the F1 race (Bahrain) and eat breakfast. My guy came in second to his teammate. And, there's something about watching in a bar full of people all enjoying the event. Another thing that makes me less willing to move.

We came home, and because it was a perfect spring weekend day (both Saturday and Sunday), we did some work on the deck. I planted three planters - tomatoes, zucchini and cantaloupe. We'll see what grows. It was fun, nonetheless. Then, I dragged the umbrella and hammock out. Ah, my lovely hammock. Got about an hour and half of good quality hammock time in before I came down to help Mr. mouse organize the living room, make dinner, and then, I cleared my work inbox which had grown out of control.

All in all, life is going well. We're enjoying settling in. And, we feel like a couple of good years of progress against savings could make a radical difference in our lives. And, we're liking the mouse pad. And, the call I got from a random head hunter about a position in New York, is less interesting, merely from the fact that right now, I kinda like here now.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

aaah the hammock - i was thinking about the mouse hammock this weekend myself. the weather was lovely here too. i'm glad you enjoyed it!! now, on my next chicago trip, i'm going to ask you to teach me how to plan mah jong - i know a card game based on mah jong and clearly i love the solitare version online so that sounds like a perfect new horizon for me!!! xoxoxo - trix