Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

Dear Friends and Family,

weigh in: 122 (ugh)

It's Earth Day 2008! What will you do to make a difference?

My game plan is to unplug the second fridge. I wanted to do something that'll make a difference every day, not just today. And, it'll save us between 50 and 60 kWh of electricity per month. We have some leftover beer and wine from January that needs to find a home in the main fridge.

Okay. I'm four bottles of beer and and one bottle of wine away from being able to unplug the second fridge. The four beers are totally expendable. So, if we have the wine tonight, we should be able to unplug the fridge. Done.

So, I'm doing my part to save the Earth by toasting it with a bottle of wine tonight. What could be better? That was easy. (And, more importantly, real. At our run rate, that's a 10% reduction in electricity usage.)


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

cheers to you, mousie! xoxoxox