Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Mouse Pad Renovation Thoughts

Dear Friends and Family,

With April showers come spring and with spring come the inevitable home renovation ideas.

Last night, we had the first of (I'm sure) many thunderstorms that herald the gnarly mixing of warm and cold air and, unfortunately, leads to roof and door leakage on the mouse pad. Mr. mouse has been working with a couple of contractors to get bids to fix whatever is allowing the water intrusion. We'll see.

And, this morning, I found myself googling solar panels, vertical axis wind turbines, home ventilation and pergolas. Excellent. To be honest, we probably won't do any major renovations this year. I'm too eager to squirrel away a good sized nest egg this year since it's our first full year of retirement savings.

With the market being down, it's a good buying opportunity. At least, that's what my financial adviser tells me. Somehow, I think it's always a good buying opportunity as far as he's concerned. I'll continue to set aside the money and we can decide in December how to spend it.

Back to looking at pergolas.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: