Thursday, March 05, 2009

03.05.09 (Week 30, Day 6): Random Notes on Pioneer

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse noticed last night that my belly button is changing. It's getting flatter and more open.

And, me, I've got an image of Pioneer stuck in my head. I picture them sitting on the kitchen floor with the pantry door open and a bunch of stuff pulled out in front of them with a hand or a can or something going towards the mouth and them looking up with the most guileless face - like, "oh, hi..."

I know we've gotten to the point where there's a decent chance that Pioneer would make it if born today. But, I still worry. I had a close friend at work lose a baby right at childbirth. And, because of that, I don't think I'll feel "out of the woods" until we're home. Frankly, I've got a sneaking suspicion I won't feel "out of the woods" until Pioneer is 40 years old. But, I guess that's part of being a parent.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: