Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Twilight and New Moon

Dear Friends and Family,

In my attempt to stay on top of pop culture youth fiction (Note: the same excuse I used to start the Harry Potter series), I've started the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Twilight went in the blink of an eye, but New Moon is going to drag. I can feel it already.

I have to say, the female and male roles are so lopsided in their character development, it's almost sad. There's Edward Cullen - who wouldn't want to date Edward Cullen? And, more importantly, (for the guys I know who read the series) who wouldn't want to be Edward Cullen? Then, there's Bella Swan. And, while there are probably lots of girls/women who can identify with Bella, I'm not sure anyone necessarily wants to be her.

Me? I'm okay with Mr. mouse not being Edward Cullen. Because, for me, while eternity would be nice, I love that our relationship is so simple without all of the complications Edward and Bella face.

Life is complicated enough without love being complicated.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Apparently there was a technology smack down at work yesterday between myself and another Director with the Analysts keeping score. Nice to know that we can provide such merry entertainment.

No comments: