Monday, January 24, 2011

01.24.11: Another Year, Another Party

Dear Friends and Family,

This past weekend was our annual new year party. Despite missing some dear friends, falling asleep (and snoring) by the end of the party and getting sick the next morning, I have to say, I enjoyed it more than I thought possible.

Trixie brought mustache tattoos. I had a chance to hang out with friends and not spend the evening answering the door. P had a chance to meet several members of her fan base. And, of course, by the end of the evening, we had a pile of puppies on the couch.

Sunday, we ate brunch and then rested until football was on TV. We watched both games with friends, chips and pizza. P had a bath. I got some work done. We all turned in for the night.

And, today, I am strangely optimistic about the work week given the state of disrepair I left on Thursday. Perhaps the day off was what I needed. Or, my guess is, the time off with friends on Saturday and Sunday. Either way, feeling like I have a little more gas in the tank than I usually do.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: