Friday, January 28, 2011

Weight Watchers

Dear Friends and Family,

Day 5 of my new Weight Watchers journey:

So continues my saga to return to my pre-pregnancy weight. P is going to be two this year, and I realize that at some point I need to do something about my weight or accept that this is my new state of being.

This week has been good. It's reminded me of some of the things I used to to while on Weight Watchers. There's no random nibbling from people's desks because I'm stressed. There's research before going out to eat to see what's good and good for you. There's thinking about portion control and portioning out your food vs. digging in and eating until you're "full." And, there's being hungry.

I'm not going to starve to death. In this land of plenty, I am, fortunately, not one of the food insecure. I have to be okay with hunger. It is a sign that I should eat. It is a point I can reach. One does not need to eat if one is not hungry.

We'll see how the weekend goes.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: