Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Home Alone

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse took one of his rare overnight business trips last night. And,
  • I had a mega commute compounded by
  • more snow,
  • non-functioning rail lights,
  • a crying, feverish toddler,
  • and who knows what else was conspiring to keep me from home.
I gave P some Tylenol. She drank a bunch of water and milk. She looked at a class photo and named all of her friends, pointed out her teachers' glasses and declared herself a "big girl" when pointing to herself in the picture.

I put her to bed around 9. I took the time to finish unloading the car and clearing the kitchen island before calling Mr. mouse for the evening. P woke up right as I was calling Mr. mouse and needed hugs and cuddles and fell asleep curled in a ball on our bed. I carried her to her bed and made it through the night without further incident.

Time to go get ready for the day. Hopefully P's feeling better this morning.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: