Wednesday, January 18, 2012

13 More Days

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm more than fleetingly curious as to how the market will finish January. I want the market to finish up. I want to feel like I am making progress on retirement. I want cause and effect to be more tightly linked. I want to feel control.

Unlike some of my Top 3, retirement is something I can work towards. But, ultimately, there's more than an average measure of luck tossed in. I cannot control how Social Security will work. I cannot control if I lose my job tomorrow. I can control my retirement contributions, but I cannot control the market returns.

Zen would tell me to focus on what I can control and let go of what I cannot control. I make a contribution with each paycheck towards our retirement fund. I could spend that money on other stuff. I do not. So, I am doing what I can.

Still, I would love for January to end up instead of down. It would make me really happy.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: