Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Schools and Bullies

Dear Friends and Family,

I had a meeting at work yesterday with a bunch of the parents (read, Moms) from P's school. And, there I learned that there are bullies in P's age group. No surprise.

What I was surprised to learn was the extent of the bullying. One of the mom's told me she had to sign four reports in a single day for her daughter. As in, she got bitten or hit or kicked or something four times in one day. I told Mr. mouse kids like that should be segregated into a single room and/or kicked out of the school. The bullies, not the bullied, that is.

Then, on my way home from work, I was telling P about our Bill of Rights. Yep. I was talking to her about her Bill of Rights. And, we got to the one about undue seizure. And, P jumped in and told me that Caveman Jack took her motorcycle today and that she wasn't done playing with it and that she "took" it back.

On the one hand, I wish I could tell her that grabbing stuff from other's isn't good. But, on the other hand, if it was grabbed from her, taking it back doesn't seem so unreasonable either. What's comical is, I wasn't sure how much of my talk she was absorbing until she chimed in. Then, I realized she was listening and following.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: