Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Laughing Traffic Gods

Dear Friends and Family,

I won't lie. My commute is wearing on me.

Last night, the traffic gods were laughing. Remember the part of my commute that could be between 50 and 70 minutes on a bad day? Yes, out of nowhere (well, not exactly out of nowhere) it spiked from a Tuesday normal to bad to back to normal in all of 60 minutes. It's unfortunate, that it was smack dab in the middle of my commute.

If I go back to my happiness map - so much of this can be solved for. I switch jobs. Theoretically, it pays well enough that the money equation doesn't change.

I would save time which I can use for a multitude of things that make me happy - organizing the house, shopping, working, spending time with friends, spending time with Mr. mouse and P, sleeping, or just doing nothing.

So, why don't I switch jobs? Well, for awhile I was enjoying my job. But, I'll admit it. I didn't really enjoy 2011. But, before I switch jobs, I need to find a solution for P. She likes her friends. She likes her school. Her eligibility is tied to my work. Therefore, if I can find a solution for P, I can switch jobs.

She who laughs last may laugh best.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: