Sunday, January 01, 2012

Too Much Fun

Dear P,

It's January 1, 2012. And, there are times I wish we could stop time and enjoy now for eternity. It's such a fun age with you and the only things stopping us from stopping time are the sad fact that even if we wanted to we can't and the happy fact that there have been times in the past when we've wanted to stop time and have been surprised at how much happiness the future holds.

You are at that magical juncture of growing into a little child - holding conversations and listening and learning and following directions. We sing songs together, we laugh together, we make up stories together. Yet, at the same time, you're still a cuddly toddler - giving hugs and kisses and declaring I love you and I need you in the sing song voice you have.

I know this next year will bring you one year closer to growing into a little girl, but for now, I am enjoying the sweet joy of you just the way you are.


Love,
Mommy

No comments: