Thursday, January 12, 2012

Traffic Gods Strike Back

Dear Friends and Family,

Yes. It was miserable again. Yes, it was for two and a half hours from when I got out of work until we got home after dinner. Then, it magically disappeared. Yes, I knew it was coming. That's why we went out to dinner last night. Yes, I was stunned to find it no better when we got on the road to come home. No, no one is encased in carbonite.

BTW, for the record, what is carbonite? It sounds like something can exist now, as in not science fiction.

Yes, I brought home work. I wish I could say I had a fabulous evening with P, but alas, it was merely a nice evening with P.

We went out to dinner. She was more interested in looking around and talking and fidgeting in her chair. But, on the way to the car, she looked over and said it was nice eating dinner with you, Mommy. And, my heart melted.

We talked potty training on the way home. She pooped. I changed her when we got home.

We watched 12 minutes of videos on the computer - an unheard of number of videos for her while I worked.

We went upstairs and changed and read and went to sleep.

I wish we had had time for coloring and for playing and for arts and crafts and for a picnic at home, but, it wasn't meant to be.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: