Friday, November 23, 2012

11.23.12: Oops

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Friday. Where did the week go?

First, let's start with the weekend. We flew down to see old friends and a new auto race. The weather couldn't have been better. The race was well run. It was fabulous seeing our friends. I ate too much barbecue.

Monday, we spent the morning with our friends. Afterwards, we went to a park to let P play. We went for ice cream. Then, we drove to the airport to fly home.

Tuesday, Mr. mouse dropped P off at school and I spent the day home. What'd I do with my free time? I continued looking for insurance. I cleaned house. I read. I watched a little TV. I got my nails done. Not a stunning day, but nice to not go to work.

Wednesday, I stayed home with P. We made bread. We ate breakfast. We fixed her crown. We bought a microwave. We bought groceries. We ate lunch. We went to the park. We napped. A most excellent day.

Thursday, poor P. Mr. mouse and I tag teamed playing with P and cooking. She didn't have much interest in the food and got a little bored.

Unfortunately, the list of things that need to be done this weekend is long and most of it isn't stuff P's interested in. And, in the mean time, I feel work piling up. I'm afraid of Monday, partly because I didn't finish up stuff that needed finishing up before I left on Friday.

Last, but not least, I'm not feeling well. The stress of work and the stress of cooking and the heat from the oven and eating out over the weekend have all combined to make me feel like I'm hyperthyroid again. I had the shakes on Tuesday. I had the shakes on Wednesday. And, Thursday and Friday, I'm feeling hot again. Phone calls last night for work sitting next to a hot oven probably hasn't helped any.

Time to take a step back and relax. In a simpler world, I would have slept in this morning instead of crawling out of bed for a 3:30 conference call. I just need to remind myself, that, hopefully, by this time next year, I will be living in a simpler world.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: What am I thankful for? P (it goes without saying) and Mr. mouse, the health and happiness of my friends and family, Baby Preston, being able to save for retirement, being able to tread water, President Obama getting reelected, and my trip to Easter Island.

No comments: