Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Four More Years

Dear Friends and Family,

I fell asleep in front of the TV so I missed the moment when Ohio was called for President Obama. But, I awoke to hear Mitt Romney's concession speech and I stayed awake for Obama's speech. I'm tired this morning, but it was worth it.

I'm glad that the Affordable Care Act will go into effect. I'm glad that we're willing to discuss raising taxes to pay for the deficit. I'm glad that women's health won't be relegated to odd people who say very odd things about things that don't impact their health directly. I'm glad that there's a decent likelihood that President Obama will get to name another justice to the Supreme Court.

And, I'm glad I didn't lose faith in 2004 when I awoke to a second Bush victory.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: