Thursday, November 15, 2012

Slowing Experimenting

Dear Friends and Family,

Never one to leave well enough alone, I'm now slowly adding back in the things I eliminated from my diet. I'm beginning to feel cold and I'm beginning to feel tired so I don't want to diet myself into hypothyroidism.

Yesterday, I tried caffeine and I definitely felt a little bit of the shakes last night at dinner. So, I may have to resign myself to staying off caffeine. Honestly, the thing I miss most is soy. Not all soy. I miss:
  1. soy sauce - it's in almost all Asian food
  2. soy paper - because it's a sushi alternative to seaweed, it allows me to have vegetarian rolls
  3. tofu - I don't eat it often, but it's something I like occasionally
  4. miso - again, something I don't eat often, but something I like occasionally
  5. soy milk - opens up the world of decaf cafe drinks since I'm caffeine free
So, perhaps I add soy sauce back in and limit my intake of the other soy products and see if I still feel okay.

I'm mentally wrapping my head around if this is cheating. I'm not allergic like people who are on a no gluten diet. My body still needs some iodine. I'm trying to convince myself this isn't weakness or lack of discipline. This is me trying to figure out what the right level of iodine is to feel good.

I know. I'll add soy sauce without adding anything else and I'll see how I feel.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: