Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How Is It Thanksgiving Next Week?

Dear Friends and Family,

You blink and it's Thanksgiving. I don't know how that happens.

P is three and a half now. And, the time is beginning to fly so I'm going to take a moment to capture life today.

What do I love about having a three year old in the house? I love when P looks me in the eye and says I'll love you always and forever no matter what and then adds you'll always be in my heart and gives me a hug and a kiss. I love when I tell her that I can't carry her anymore because my back hurts (fabricated) and she rubs my back and asks me if it feels better. I love when she tries to problem solve - I told her the alleyway was full of glass and she offered up parking in the front in the evening to avoid the glass. I love her good manners. I love her smile. I love how proud she is of her accomplishments. I love listening to her sing in the car.

I know I'll miss being in the potty with her the few times she lets me accompany her. I know I'll miss the few times we have hydrolisys together since that's usually her time with Mr. mouse. I know I'll miss watching her slowly step out of the car when we get to school. I know I'll miss the happy face waving at me from the window when I drop her off at school. I know I'll miss the random games we play at night on the carpet and the negotiating to get her to the dinner table. I know I'll miss writing her name together at the end of the day. I know I'll miss the story before brushing teeth and the story after brushing teeth. I know I'll miss the tears when she's sad.

It happens so quickly. One day she'll be four and then she'll be five and then before we know it she'll be all grown up. Where does the time go? I'll have to enjoy every moment.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: