Tuesday, July 16, 2013

07.16.13: Home Again

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a fabulous weekend visiting with our Motor City friends. We drove out Saturday afternoon and got to Ann Arbor in time to play in the playground before going out to dinner.

Sunday, Mr. mouse took P down to the hotel pool. Then, we went to see a Tigers game. It was a scorcher. We didn't even make it one full inning in our seats. Fortunately, we caved before everyone else did and found a table and three chairs in the air conditioned lounge and watched the game from there. In one sense it was sad to be at the ball park watching a game on television, but in another sense, we enjoyed ourselves more, which, I guess, is ultimately what matters.

Sunday night we saw our friends, Auntie Lisa and her family. P had so much fun coloring her rocket ship. And, we had fun catching up with the grown-ups. P's begun playing by herself more. It's nice she's showing her independence, but I hope she doesn't leave Mr. mouse and me altogether. I still like playing with her. I'm not ready for her to grow up yet.

Monday, we had our dentist visit. Mr. mouse got a chipped tooth fixed. I apparently had a cracked tooth that the dentist fixed. And, P went through her exam with flying colors.

We spent the afternoon with our friends D and D. D played Legos with P building a fire truck filled with fire fighters while D, the other D, and I spent the afternoon talking. We drove home through some miserable rain, but got home the same time flights would have.

And, now it's Tuesday and I have three more weeks until I give notice. And, this week is a short week to boot. Hooray!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: