Friday, July 12, 2013

Another Friday, Another Week

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Friday. That means I'm closing out another week at work.

This was a slow week. But, it was a good week. We spent yesterday afternoon laying out plans for the fall. I won't be there to execute any of it, but I feel like I've given the teams the tools to think about it and I've given the teams enough of my vision that they can execute it without me. And, that's a good thing.

I also gave notification at P's school. Her last day is officially August 23rd. It's becoming real.

I'll miss work. But, at the same time, I'm excited about retiring from the work I've known for the past two decades and moving on to my next chapter of life where I have more flexible work and time for myself.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: