Thursday, July 11, 2013

Losing Our Bliss

Dear Friends and Family,

We've decided to get P tested. I'm not sure the number matters to me. But, there are programs we want to enroll her in that require testing and passing. Unlike crazy parents, we are not preparing for the test. Honestly, it's a chance to know where your kid is at. Why would I want fake results?

This Saturday we peg a number on our kid. I'm still not sure the number matters to me. But, there is a piece of me that is curious.

If she's 100, what does that mean? If she's 120, what does that mean? If she's 140, what does that mean? If she's 160, what does that mean? Do we do anything different in any of these scenarios? I'm not sure and that's why I'm not sure the number matters to me.

Saturday at 10, we go in for testing. If ignorance is bliss, we'll be a little less blissful after we find out whatever there is to know.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: