Thursday, November 07, 2013

Hourly, Not Exempt, I Think

Dear Friends and Family,

After much reading, I think I'm going to go with a very simple model for paying my employees. Hourly, not exempt, which means they are eligible for overtime. Simple enough.

Now, I'm waiting for a return phone call from the Department of Labor to answer some questions I have.
  1. How should I record keep for home time?
  2. Can I pay my employees a bonus each week, on top of their hourly wages, based on billable hours?
  3. Can I pay my employees profit sharing?
  4. Can I guarantee a minimum for the first X days?
  5. Do I need to pay me?
Hopefully, I'll have some answers next week. Which means, the next thing I need to focus on is picking between the two candidates I interviewed.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: