Thursday, November 21, 2013

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Dear Friends and Family,

My world feels smaller today. I think it's because it was gloomy outside yesterday and I was up late last night.

I think I'll feel better tomorrow. I'll get some sleep tonight and it'll be a bright new day tomorrow, emphasis on bright which brings me to a realization I have been mentally working through for a long time. I think I have seasonal affective disorder, not to the point where I need medication or intervention or anything like that, but to the point of being aware of it and taking steps to counter it.

I guess the worst of it will be now through the holidays. The days will be getting shorter. My to do list is packed which means I have less time for taking in what little light filters through on cloudy days. And, it feels like just the beginning of winter. By January, I can convince myself that I just need to stick it out a couple of more months until spring.

I know what I'll do tomorrow. I'll spend the first part of the morning working on my idea. Then, I'll spend the rest of the morning cleaning house. I know that sounds like a ridiculous plan, but I'm SO much happier when the house is in order. I think that'll counterbalance the gloominess from the winter blues.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: