Thursday, November 14, 2013

Top 3, Jumping Off the Hamster Wheel

Dear Friends and Family,

I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel so I think I need to revisit something. The question is what.

Each week feels like some game to try and keep the to do list under control. Then, there's the work I'm doing to keep the house under control. And, the endless cataloging of photos from P's old school. And, the constant juggling of my work schedule.

It feels like a hamster wheel.

Realistically, there's approximately 120 more days of photos I need to download from P's old school. I've been doing about 10 days per day, give or take, for, it feels like forever. 120 more days means I should be done in two weeks. Okay, two more weeks. I can do this. Then, I'll take a break from photo cataloging. There's one more monster cataloging project. I think I'll put that on hold for the time being.

And, then, I think it's time to stop over-scheduling. I'm perpetually guilty of this. The week of the 20th (of October), my mom was in town on Wednesday and Friday. The following week, I had lunch duty and lab work and interviews and a play date. The following week, I had a book drive and a call with a friend and work and a show and a play date and friends in town. And, this week I had a doctor's appointment and now a quote on my car. And, next week I have lunch duty again and a play date.

I think, when I over-schedule my time, I get that hamster wheel feeling. Okay. Time to commit to not over-scheduling. I should really try to leave my Wednesdays and Fridays completely free to focus on my new idea. I guess the play dates don't really wreck my schedule since those are after I pick up P. I'm kind of shot through Thanksgiving, but, after that, I'm going to really try and keep my schedule under control.

Then, I think my Top 3 can stay:
  1. work on my new idea
  2. keep the house and the to do list under control
  3. spend time with friends and family
Good job, mouse.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: